• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Stuwk

Game Engine

This topic is 3778 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm looking for a 3D game engine i can use to build an MMORPG that meets some of these things: Multiplayer connection C++ Easy to use May add others but right now thats it. This is my first big game and i just want some feedback on any suggestions of Engines. They can be in any price range. I am looking at TGE (Torque game engine) im wondering if that would be a good one to use?

Advertisement
Guess I will be the one to give a cold dose of reality.

If you have to ask this question, then you really have no business thinking about about making an MMORPG. An MMORPG is about the most complicated computer application there is, if it is your first "big" game then you are in way over your head.

Sorry to break the bad news to ya.
theTroll

@TheTroll
But it could still be a good learning experience.

So if you're looking for a learning experience than go for Torque, I hear there is even an MMORPG kit to be had somewhere.

You could try realm crafter. I think you can pick it up for about £50.

If you want to make a mmorpg with little experience, it's probably your best bet.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!