• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Chrono1081

Where are all the SDL books?

This topic is 3751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been searching amazon, and this sites resources page and I am having a hard time finding any books on SDL besides "Focus on SDL" (which I already have.) Are there any resources I am missing out there?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Chrono1081
I've been searching amazon, and this sites resources page and I am having a hard time finding any books on SDL besides "Focus on SDL" (which I already have.) Are there any resources I am missing out there?
I doubt there are many books that focus solely on SDL. However, there are plenty of resources online, and if you get stuck on something you can always post here.

Is there anything in particular that you're wondering about?

I can't say for certain, but I would hazard a guess that this is the most comprehensive list of SDL related books, as short as it is. If anyone else knows of any others though, feel free to correct me. [smile]

Quote:
Original post by Puck
I can't say for certain, but I would hazard a guess that this is the most comprehensive list of SDL related books, as short as it is. If anyone else knows of any others though, feel free to correct me. [smile]

I have all of them books and the Ron Penton one is probably the best out of them all.
If the OP was looking for a book with more detail on how to make a game in SDL from start to finish which the Focus book won't do.

Thanks for all the replies guys :)

I was looking for a book that does do some game projects in SDL. I've been through three C++ books (2 more to go) and teo C++ classes but for now I really think I have enough knowledge to start SDL. I'm worn out on console and want something different for now and I think this is the right direction.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!