• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Christian555

MVC-Pattern in Java

This topic is 3810 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody! :) I have some questions regarding the mvc pattern. I would like to write a battleship game in java. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_%28game%29 Now I have some design problems. I have 4 different types of players, all inherits from an abstract player class. The game should have a console ui and a normal gui. It should also be able to communicate via network. I have written some classes, a simple p2p lib. I have a model, which manages the data. Every player (human, KI1, KI2 and KI3) consists of a controller and a view. A main controller manages the game flow and controls which player is active. Every player can get data from the main model with an id, which is unique for every player object. The model stores this ids which are a part of the individual player profile, a simple data class stored in the model too. Now I'm not sure what is really the best way to go with mvc? I would like to hear some opinions from the experts. What is the best design architecture for such a game? Where should I place the network stuff? In the model? In the player controller? Any help is appreciated. :) Best regards, Christian

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!