Good Pygame tutorials/ books

Started by
2 comments, last by georgek 15 years, 10 months ago
I have spent the last few months learning how to program in python and I am looking for a good book or tutorial that goes over how to use pygame. Because I am new to game programming and programming in general I would apreciate it if recomendations are for a complete beginner or at least not expecting a vast knowledge of game programming beforehand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Exercise, eat right and be the best you can be!Translation: Play video games for finger streangth and eat lots of hot pockets to be at top programming efficiency.
Advertisement
Have you read the PyGame documentation? There are multiple tutorials in it.
This is the best book I've read on using Pygame.
Game Programming: The L Line, The Express Line to Learning (The L Line: The Express Line To Learning)
It's really all about Pygame for the new Python programmer but you'd never know from the title of the book!
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Speaking as a beginner in Python and programming I found this tutorial series to be really helpful:

http://lorenzod8n.wordpress.com/?s=pygame+tutorial

Since you probably have already worked through many of the Python tutorials this series should be a fast way to get acquainted with pygame. It is pretty simple I think in content but very clear in its presentation. It also has lots of exercises (which I love).

Beyond that the pygame docs and the mailing list are where it's at I think. Anyone want to start a new Python game club? ;)

Anyway, I'm not a programmer, and first post to GD, but I really liked Lorenzo's tutorial so I wanted to give the link. Hope it's helpful.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement