• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
coder0xff

Port from makefile to VS2008

This topic is 3754 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to port QEMU 0.9.1 to compile in VS so I can start modifying it for my needs. I have ran the configure script and compiled it in cygwin, but how do I go from having nothing but a makefile and source and make a Visual Studio 2008 project. I tried copying all the includes from cygwin to the project folder and added the path to additional include paths - is this what I should do or should I use winnt.h or what?. I've tried enabling/disabling language extensions (I assume they should be disabled since it's just supposed to be ANSI C). I figured out I have to remove __extension__ and __attribute__ stuff. Is there a walk through somewhere for this kind of thing? I need to strip off all the gui stuff, need only x86 emulation on an x86 host, and make all the output and input be via memory mapped files. Should I just try to use Dev-C++ or something? I've been using VS for very long and I'm not sure of what the best solution would be.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!