• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
axon

OpenGL Textures not working (CgFX + OpenGL): draws black silhoette (works ok in FXComposer)

This topic is 3680 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well another thing that strikes me looking back over your code:
cgGLGetLatestProfile()
cgGLEnableProfile()
You don't need, and shouldn't have these, the profile is managed by CgFx and set by you in the compile statement. That could be your problem.

Advertisement
just tried removing the calls to cgGLEnableProfile() and no change.

cgfx_procfx.c in the SDK uses these functions.

:( Well I'm out of ideas, if you want to send me the full project then I will have a look at it as a whole, maybe that would reveal the problem.

Cheers for the offer bluntman. I might've taken you up on it except that I must've missed the forum notification for your post.

I've managed to fix it!!!! :)

Turns out there were a few issues (missing UVs and need to bind texture (which I thought would be taken care of by CgFX since cgGLSetManageTextureParameters(cgContext, CG_TRUE)).

For details about the fix check out:
http://developer.nvidia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1717&st=0&gopid=4453&#entry4453

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!