• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
programmermattc

Demo Development

This topic is 3776 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been working on this little DirectX stuff for a bit now and I've got some things to implement but I'm posting asking maybe some more stuff I should be implementing later on. It's a basic demo I've created after working in XNA for a few months. Here's what I did a few months ago. To show off the lighting more, I'm implementing a simple 3rd person camera and to do this I've had to change my SceneManager and ModelManager. In the SceneManager before I would just store the model whereas I'm creating an inheritance model that I can build actual characters that store data like health, if it is an enemy/player/NPS, etc... Also on my list to do is some audio and maybe post-processing shaders (or a shader manager type thing). I'd like to implement terrain with a heightmap but I'm not sure I can understand the methodology behind it. So what do you think of what I've got, what should I change, or what should I add?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!