• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LeonPost

OBB and Sphere Collision

This topic is 3657 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Could someone could explain or point me to a resource where I can learn OBB to sphere collision? I have yet to find any place to learn it.

Advertisement
RealMarkP - That test seems to convert the OBB to an AABB to do that test. Doesn't that take out the advantage of an OBB?

Gage64 - Unfortunately the link for OBB-Sphere collision seems to be broken. Or at least it never loads on my computer.

Quote:
RealMarkP - That test seems to convert the OBB to an AABB to do that test. Doesn't that take out the advantage of an OBB?
I didn't look at the link, but typically tests involving oriented boxes are expressed (either implicitly or explicitly) such that the oriented box becomes an axis-aligned box centered at the origin. (This doesn't affect the outcome of the test in any way.)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!