• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dbacs

.X 3dmax biped export problems...

This topic is 3660 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am having problems getting a 3d max biped character to export correctly to .X (direct x). I am using the Panda direct x export plugin in max. The problem i am having is that when i export from max the biped does not animate with his feet on the ground. The pivot point in the .X animation becomes the waist and not the ground. In max everything animates fine, with the characters' feet on the ground. Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
I know nothing about 3d max.

However, something that works in XSI that you may want to try is creating a NULL (I'm not sure what it may called in max), placing it globally at the origin (or wherever you want the "pivot" to be) and parenting the entire character to it. Then export.

The idea is to force the export of an origin node.

Might be worth a try.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!