• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jezham

GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION fails with fullscreen [solved, sorry!]

This topic is 3659 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been working in a window and glGetFloatv(GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION, rpos); returns accurate values. But in fullscreen mode it always returns a value which is equal to screen width. Any ideas what is going on there please? [Edited by - jezham on June 16, 2008 1:37:11 PM]

Advertisement
Hm, it seems in fullscreen that I have to draw (my font) on screen for GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION to return an accurate value.
btw, reason for drawing off screen was to just measure the string's on-screen length (to center or have a right-margin)

So now, I need to be able to draw to screen without anything appearing?! But still have the raster pos updated?

*EDIT*Solved this by positioning the raster to the top-right corner before measuring...luckily none of the fonts draw a pix in their lower-left.
I should have known a solution would be found soon after asking for help...sorry!

[Edited by - jezham on June 16, 2008 1:18:34 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!