• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Aiea

wxwidgets with VS 2005

This topic is 3652 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi people, I researched a bit and read the other tread about compiling the wxwdigets through vs but I am still having trouble with it. I chose unicode release and debug for all the wx projects but it doesn't compile and have errors. They are all associated with winnt.h and winbase.h
Error	1	error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PVOID64'	c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h	222	
Error	2	error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int	c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h	222	
Error	3	error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Buffer'	c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h	5940	
Error	4	error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int	c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h	5940	
Error	5	error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int	c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h	5940	

There are alot more but similar errors, I will post them upon request. Can someone help me out? Mahalo, Wiinis

Advertisement
Doing a google search for the first error message brings up many forum posts (like this one) with various proposed solutions.

Gage64,

Thanks but I wasn't trying to compile something I wrote. I was just trying to follow the instruction to setup wxwdigets and compile the projects that came with the package.

I still can't compile the wx.dsw that came with wxwidgets, does anyone had this problem before?

Mahalo,
Wiinis

After hours and hours of changing settings it finally worked. Thanks for the help.

Mahalo,
Wiinis

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!