• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
miko369

[java] Flicker during resize

This topic is 3658 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Using GL4Java(opengl in java) for a long time. Everything was alright. Polygons drawn on the java window as expected. Recently I have shifted the JVM from 1.4 to 1.5 and then to 1.6. I found 1.4 and 1.5 did not give any problem. And 1.6 is displaying screen also very smooth flawlessly. The problem on 1.6 is when I resizing the Java Window, the scene drawn on the screen flicker until I have finished the window resize action. How to prevent the flicker(totally blank white between frames)? Tried a lot in display(GLDrawable) and reshape(GLDrawable, int, int); I am using NVidia display adapter. A great appreciate to any gurus there know any method to solve the problem.

Advertisement
It could be something that has to be updated in the GL4Java code to cope with it. You might want to consider switching to LWJGL or JOGL, since the last release of GL4Java was in 2001 and the project was officially made inactive in SourceForge last year.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!