BSP portals

Started by
3 comments, last by kdworld 15 years, 10 months ago
Hi Friends , I want to create a program to generate automatic portals from a closed triangles. I knew it is possible using BSP tree ( i know BSP working) But i didn't understand how it create portal polygon using BSP tree. In bsp tree there is divider polygons. So somewhere I ead it need to split the divider polgon agnist all other divider polygons in the tree. If anyone know this technique please share with me.. I am becoming mad these days :) Thanks in advance KD
Advertisement
I'm working on a Portal Engine, but not BSP so I can't really 100% wrap my head around this.

But I'd say something like flag some of the polys you want to be portals as portals, and if you process those polys, jump to a different node in the tree. I'm not too sure. I have a decent understanding of BSP-Tree rendering, but I can see how portals could be done, but I'm not 100% sure on how you would go about the implementation. But what I suggested kinda sounds like Vanilla BSP-Rendering.
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.
Take a look at this article. Googling "BSP portal-generation" should give some more resources.
How about that, maybe I'll have to read that myself. :D
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.
Thank frieds for the quick reply

I have already looked that link.. Unfortunately I have some problems in understanding the order of clipping of the initial portal rectangle ( which is created on the sample divider plane of each nodes)..

Can someone show me the order of clipping operation ?
Thanks.
KD

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement