• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CProgrammer

flash grouping resources

This topic is 3776 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I'm loading several external resources (images, text) using flash. I'd like to reduce this to one file containing all the resources. My question is how? I suppose Id have to load the file in binary and then interpret it, however, I have no idea how to do this in flash. Does flash have appropriate classes for this? Any experts around? Thanks in advance. -CProgrammer

Advertisement
Hmm, well this looks interesting, assuming I can extract individual images from the swf, the only question remaining is how do I pack images into an swf. Im generating images using php which are then loaded by the actionscript 3 code. So can I dynamically create an swf with the images from within php?

That's probably going to be tricky. You'll likely need a tool on the server that can generate .swf files, such as swfmill. If you don't have such control over your server, then I think you're out of luck.

Well, actually, what about letting the Flash object generate the images instead? Perhaps by passing it certain arguments or data.

I wonder, though, why do you want to pack it all into a single file?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!