Game of the Day blog

Started by
7 comments, last by cravehaze 15 years, 10 months ago
Hello everyone, First, let me say that I recognize that many of the users and moderators on this forum will immediately see this thread as spam and move to delete it. I try to be as respectful as I can when promoting my blog on other websites, and all I ask is for your attention for a few moments. http://gameoftheday.wordpress.com/ I am ctplayer, Managing Editor of Game of the Day. Game of the Day is a new Wordpress blog which was founded on this notion: There are plenty of independent and freeware games that often get ignored because they simply haven't the advertising resources to spread their creations across the web. As a result, excellent games collect dust and talented developers get discouraged. Game of the Day strives to highlight one freeware game each day. We'll cross all genres, from FPS to strategy to card games, to bring you something new every 24 hours. Soon, we hope to expand to build a whole community around this concept. I hope you will come to our blog, bookmark it and pass the link onto friends! http://gameoftheday.wordpress.com/ Thanks, ctplayer
Advertisement
Sounds like a great idea, but why just one game a day?
Quote:Original post by Gage64

It's the concept. Delivering one game every day.
Quote:Original post by Gage64

I, for one, like the "one a day". First, it sounds better than "Game of the some number of hours". Secondly, if you give too many games, then it dilutes the attention given to the game of the day, which was the whole point in the first place anyways.

Good luck with the blog.
Maybe you could try to build a review site: similar to game tunnels old format -- rank 10 games, give them a score, each of the 4 panelists writes a review. Since game tunnel no longer gives a score so I stopped reading there site!
I dream hard of helping people.
Quote:Original post by Aiursrage
Maybe you could try to build a review site: similar to game tunnels old format -- rank 10 games, give them a score, each of the 4 panelists writes a review. Since game tunnel no longer gives a score so I stopped reading there site!

I'm going to expand the scope of the site as soon as the user base settles in (right now, it is very erratic, so it is hard to determine the site's success) and I can get some volunteers to contribute content.
Sounds good to me. I'll probably link you guys on my dev blog since I'm on wordpress.
Quote:Original post by sirkibble2
Sounds good to me. I'll probably link you guys on my dev blog since I'm on wordpress.

What's your link?
Hey..my name is Oliver and I am the owner of CraveHaze.com Gaming portal and I love the idea of your site and I would love to promote you guys and probably invest...can you please reply asap to this post..I want to talk to you asap Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement