• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
e_pech

OpenGL Text OpenGL, display lists??

This topic is 3751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I implemented Display Lists on my OpenGL project. I'm able to move the text around, change text, font, etc. However in order for me to do some things with the text I need to know the vertices of the letters, how can I do that? (I want to implement a customizable Slant) I'd really appreciate your help! (I'm using the WglUseFontOutlines function)

Advertisement
What I have done in my video tutorials, is this. I created a texture with each letter of the alphabet displayed on the texture. Now when I want to show text on the screen, I just use the texture to print each letter out using display lists. To change the look of the font, all I need to do is update the texture.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!