error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file

Started by
7 comments, last by theZapper 15 years, 10 months ago
I have dxsdk feb2007 and I have VC++2008. When I look in google I find hundreds who have the same proble, but not a single solution.
Advertisement
Have you checked under Tools / Options / Projects and Solutions / VC++ Directories that the D3D include directory appears there?
Quote:Original post by ET3D
Have you checked under Tools / Options / Projects and Solutions / VC++ Directories that the D3D include directory appears there?

I could not find D3D include directore.
I searched my computer for the file d3dx9.h it not there.

I also downloaded (again) dxsdk_feb2007.exe
and i still dont have the file d3dx9.h

Please how can I get a copy of this file or of the D3D include directory?

Please help.

Is there any specific reason you want to use an sdk that's over a year old?

And if you did a regular windows search for the file it should return a result. If not then chances are you haven't installed it?
Quote:Original post by smally
Is there any specific reason you want to use an sdk that's over a year old?

Agreed. Considering you're using VC++ 2008, it'd be a good idea to use an SDK that has support for it.

And it's against the EULA to offer SDKs for download on third party sites, and Microsoft doesn't provide anything but the latest one.
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
Microsoft doesn't provide anything but the latest one.

Yes, they do. Just go to the DirectX Download section on MSDN and you'll find plenty of old SDK's. I downloaded the October 2005 and February 2007 ones the other day.

And there are plenty of reasons why you might want an old SDK, perhaps you are writing an app targetted at WinXP, or older hardware, or maybe looking after an older application that uses that specific SDK version. Not everyone is working on Vista with the latest graphics cards you know!

As for the original post, if you manually extract the files from the big SDK self-extractor using winrar you should find d3dx9.h in the Include directory, so I can only assume you didn't install it properly.
---When I'm in command, every mission's a suicide mission!
Quote:Original post by theZapper

And there are plenty of reasons why you might want an old SDK, perhaps you are writing an app targetted at WinXP, or older hardware, or maybe looking after an older application that uses that specific SDK version. Not everyone is working on Vista with the latest graphics cards you know!

The latest version supports Windows XP and any D3D9-capable GPU. So unless you're targeting D3D8 or are using a deprecated feature like DMusic, I don't see why you'd bother with an old version of the SDK.

I believe some other stuff can change too. We updated from the October 2005 to Feb 2007 version which somehow broke stuff. So we now have a seperate driver for each version.

To the OP again, you didn't download just the redist package did you?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?pocId=2&freetext=february%202007&DisplayLang=en
---When I'm in command, every mission's a suicide mission!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement