Orginal PONG source code

Started by
13 comments, last by MaulingMonkey 15 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by asp_
Quote:
If you are unable to program a game like Pong in under ten minutes

Ahh I've been looking at a good metric for gauging the skill level of interviewees. Could this be it? I doubt I could do it to be honest. Is there some sort of school that teaches speed coding Pong?

Don't code it in C. Use something like Python + PyGame, and you should be able to hit 10 minutes.

Alternately, Sneftel's metric may only apply to the core logic of Pong, not all the graphics and input handling routines as well.

(That said, LaMothé claimed to be able to write Asteroids in an hour, because he'd done it so often...)
Advertisement
I used to be able to write pong in under 10 minutes back in my day. Now it takes me just under 15.. I must be getting old.
Quote:

Ahh I've been looking at a good metric for gauging the skill level of interviewees. Could this be it? I doubt I could do it to be honest. Is there some sort of school that teaches speed coding Pong?

TopCoder.

You can even get paid.
Actually I found some of the original, here's a snippet:

=============================RhinoXNA - Easily start building 2D games in XNA!Projects

Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Quote:

Don't code it in C. Use something like Python + PyGame, and you should be able to hit 10 minutes.

Also depends on the polish level too. Fully skinned menu UI, multiple levels of AI, scorekeeping, and a high score system? Or a pair of paddles and a ball?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement