• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bigjo

MingW compiling 2.13 problems.

This topic is 3628 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am attempting to compile the latest version using codeblocks and MingW and am having some problems with the assembly code in as_callfunc_x86.cpp. The error log looks like this:
-------------- Build: MinGW RELEASE in Static library ---------------

Compiling: ..\..\source\as_callfunc_x86.cpp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s: Assembler messages:
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1030: Error: symbol `copyloop3' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1035: Error: symbol `endcopy3' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1202: Error: symbol `copyloop1' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1207: Error: symbol `endcopy1' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1246: Error: symbol `copyloop2' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1251: Error: symbol `endcopy2' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1383: Error: symbol `copyloop8' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1388: Error: symbol `endcopy8' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1413: Error: symbol `copyloop' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1418: Error: symbol `endcopy' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1442: Error: symbol `copyloop7' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1447: Error: symbol `endcopy7' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1473: Error: symbol `copyloop4' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1478: Error: symbol `endcopy4' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1504: Error: symbol `copyloop6' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1509: Error: symbol `endcopy6' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1535: Error: symbol `copyloop5' is already defined
C:\DOCUME~1\Owen\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccusaaaa.s:1540: Error: symbol `endcopy5' is already defined
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 3 seconds)
18 errors, 0 warnings
I have no experience with assembly so I can't make heads or tails of the code itself. Thanks for working so diligently on this project, it is an extremely useful piece of software.

Advertisement
I'll see if I can figure this out. Though I feel it is strange that MinGW complains, because this very same file is compiled properly on Linux and Mac using GnuC (which as far as I know is practically that same as MinGW).

Thanks for reporting it.

Regards.
Andreas

I had this with older Angelscript versions too, when I was compiling with -O3. Switching to -O2 (less optimization), solved the problem then.

Setting the optimization back to -O2 fixed it.

I really like this scripting engine, the only problems I have had with it are of my own creation, and I am very interested in the implicit casting updates.

Does someone know how to tell the gcc compiler not to inline the functions? I think this is what causes the problem when compiling the library with -O3 optimization.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!