• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gameplayprogammer

Including a project in my solution causes...

This topic is 3658 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

...a problem. I am using VC++ 2005. I added Xerces Lib( XML parser library) to my solution. Then i included the Xerces Parser file in my main application file and created an instance of the parser class. When i build i get the errors below. I have tried the Xerces user list but no answer yet. I have a feeling that is to do with C++ in general. Anyone get something like this before.... GUISystem.cpp c:\documents and settings\mani\desktop\current work\sexyappframework\Common.h(108) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\string.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.' C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(55) : error C2059: syntax error : 'string' C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(55) : error C2091: function returns function C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(55) : error C2802: static member 'operator new' has no formal parameters C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(65) : error C2059: syntax error : 'string' C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(65) : error C2091: function returns function C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(65) : error C2556: 'void *(__cdecl *xercesc_2_8::XMemory::operator new(void))(size_t,const char *,int)' : overloaded function differs only by return type from 'void *(__cdecl *xercesc_2_8::XMemory::operator new(void))(size_t)' C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(55) : see declaration of 'xercesc_2_8::XMemory::operator new' C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(83) : error C2059: syntax error : 'string' C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(83) : error C2091: function returns function C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(83) : error C2556: 'void *(__cdecl *xercesc_2_8::XMemory::operator new(void))(size_t,xercesc_2_8::MemoryManager *)' : overloaded function differs only by return type from 'void *(__cdecl *xercesc_2_8::XMemory::operator new(void))(size_t)' C:\Documents and Settings\Mani\Desktop\Current Work\xerces-c-src_2_8_0\src\xercesc/util/XMemory.hpp(55) : see declaration of 'xercesc_2_8::XMemory::operator new'

Advertisement
Quote:
c:\documents and settings\mani\desktop\current
work\sexyappframework\Common.h(108) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared
deprecated

Should be obvious enough, it is a nonstandard extension. Look at the help file for details.

Quote:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\string.h(213)
Standard libraries do not have the .h at the end. It should just be <string>, not string.h.

The language has been standardized for a decade now, and both of these bugs are side effects of not following the standard.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!