• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
deadstar

[Solved] Compiled wxWidgets from source - now having problems with wxGLCanvas

This topic is 3656 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, After what's been a long struggle with a recent wxWidgets update on OpenSuSE, I've had to install wxWidgets and Code::Blocks from source. Now my project is complaining that wxGLCanvas is not defined, yet the headers and libs are installed, and Code::Blocks doesn't complain about a missing header. - wxWidgets was ./configured with --enable-opengl, and built with no errors. - Previous installation was removed before 'make install'. - My Code::Blocks project has `wx-config --libs --gl-libs` set in linker options. The code:
class GLCanvas : public wxGLCanvas
{

public:
	GLCanvas(wxFrame* parent, int Type = 0);
	GLCanvas(wxFrame* parent, wxGLContext* Context, int Type = 0);

The error:
AppOpenGL.h|9|error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token|

Output of wx-config:
matt:/home/matt # wx-config --libs --cxxflags gl
-I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread
-pthread   -lwx_gtk2u_gl-2.8 -lwx_baseu-2.8
matt:/home/matt #

This page details the original problem I was having before I built from source, in case anyone has a solution for that instead: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=8535.msg62693 Any help appreciated. [Edited by - deadstar on June 18, 2008 7:58:44 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!