• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_Frankie

Merge of two different triangles

This topic is 3747 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I've two rasterized triangles (t1, t2). Both triangles are colorized (each Pixel has a color value). I would like to merge t1 and t2. My problem is now, that the form of t1 and t2 are different (so I can't overlap them). The dimensions are not the same (for example t2 is scaled and rotated, but these values are unknown). But I know which vertex of t1 to which vertex of t2 corresponds. My question is now, how to deform t2 and how to transfer the color values of t2 into t1? Note: In the end my problem is similar to texture mapping (Or did I miss something?!). If I look at my triangle t1 as the resulting triangle from a projected 3D mesh and t2 as the corresponding texture triangle I, perhaps, could use a texture mapping approach, don't I? (Something like http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article852.asp) Cheers! [Edited by - _Frankie on June 18, 2008 11:45:48 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!