• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
steven31dd

I need some help with terrains

This topic is 3657 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

can anyone help me, I need some help in how to make terrain in Visual studio express editions, DirectX 9. i tried coming up with my own types of terrain but I'd get about 10-15 errors. can someone appoint me to some tutorials or at least show me the DirectX language of terrains.

Advertisement
Doing a google search for something like "tutorial terrain direct3d" returns many results.

If you get errors, no tutorial will help you. Errors are application specific and there are no tutorials I know about to fix them.
Since you speak about D3D9, a exellent way to find the errors is to drop the running app in PIX and check manually when they are generated - this obviously assuming the app successfully compiles.

More information would help everyone in helping you for real. For such generic requests the only answer will always be "google".

Just for curiosity what kind of errors show up?
Compiler errors, runtime errors, visual artifacts...??

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!