• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
luca76

Special effects

This topic is 3805 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi to all, how are programmed the effect like the ones of the following video??
I how to program a basic glow effect, but i those effects are really superb. I think that they are combination of multiple effects (particle systems, glow, lens, textures etc...). Where can i read more?? Thank you, Luca

Advertisement
Yeah, I always loved the effects of the Dragonball Z games. I have Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 (for the Wii) and love them both.

Anyway, yeah, those effects are cool, you're pretty much right in what you were thinking.

The Quake III mod is where I best know how the effects are done so they may not be quite so up to date.

The Power Up Auras are essentially meshes with transparency and probably emissive light values on their materials.

The little chunks of energy and gravel and such that float about as they power up are particles no doubt about that.

The Kamehameha, Special Beam Cannon, Galic Gun, etc. type beams are meshes with emissive light values.

That's pretty much the gist of it, from the Quake III Bid For Power perspective that I know of.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!