• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gp343

Are there any good sprite tutorials?

This topic is 3748 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

All, Do you know if there are any free online sprite tutorial for Opengl or Win32? Thanks, Jr.

Advertisement
What exactly do you want to know? How to load images? How to display them? How to create them? How to efficiently manage them?

As a newbie to Games programming, it would be nice if I could get something that could walk me through creating them, loading them, and moving them around - but using either opengl or just win32 api calls.

Thanks,
Jr

For OpenGL, NeHe's tutorials are well-known (although their quality is sometimes disputed amongst more experienced programmers). Bytheway, have you ever taken a look at SDL or Allegro? You may find frameworks like those quite useful.

Allegro I am starting to think is a better choice.

I started learning SDL and am having a super hard time finding resources. I see Focus on SDL, Lazyfoo tutorials, and thats about it. Allegro has a TON of books written about it and tutorials...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!