• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
68ST0X20

I need help with XSI Mod Tool, or an alternative program to create x models

This topic is 3656 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to make reasonably modest models for a hobby game in SlimDX/C# I have been using XSI Mod Tool because it is free and features a .x exporter. I have run into a problem where textures seem to be uncontrollable, and look wrong when loaded in D3D9 For example, as an initial placeholder for background scenery, I created this strip of grass: 190608_2.PNG But when I load it into my game, the textures are stretched instead of tiled: 190608.PNG After a bit of research and hair pulling, I got it working by doing 2 things: 1. Removing all subsections so that the grass plain had only 1x1 subsections 2. Opening the .x file in vi and manually editing the texture co-ordinates 200608.PNG Now, creating models with no subsections and manually creating the tex-coords is impractical So I need help to understand how to manage this in XSI, or suggestions for another program that is more straightforward for creating .x models Cheers

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!