Sign in to follow this  

JPEG 2000?

This topic is 3461 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have been playing around with JPG2000 (namely the J2K-Codec SDK), and I am running into a "severe" problem: How can I actually generate an image that the J2K-Codec SDK can load?? I tried several free Photoshop plugins (Lead JPEG 2000 was one of them, the other was simply named JPeg2000, I think...) and also tried an online image converter (http://www.online-utility.org/image_converter.jsp), but while I can load those images in photoshop, when I try to decode them with the J2K-Codec SDK, I get an error message like this: J2K-Codec error: J2K image file is not JPEG2000 Part 1 compliant. or J2K-Codec error: J2K image file is corrupted or has unsupported format. Is there a program with which I can convert images (jpg? tga? bmp? -- I don't care) to JPG2000 and decode them with the J2K-Codec SDK? Or do I "just" have to set certain parameters? Thanks for your help! Beren P.s.: BTW: I switched back to png in the mean time, and it works for me, but I'd like to know anyway. There has to be a solution, right?

Maybe JASPER or IMAGEMAGICK include some utilities in their distributions. I think Jasper does have some tools but I'm not sure, I still have to play with it in detail.
I hope this helps!

Thanks guys,

turns out that the decompression routine of jp2k-codec worked fine! -- I just messed it up with a call to the following (display) function... *Sorry, My Bad!*

So, in fact, all JP2K plug-ins and tools that I tried were able to generate jp2 files that could be read by the jp2k-codec...

Also there is another JPEG2000 sdk out there that I believe is a lot faster then the one your using. One of the two is a lot faster anyways. I'm pretty positive Ysaneya did a review of both in his journal or it was a posting on the forums.

Hope that helps in a way :)

This topic is 3461 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.