Sign in to follow this  

Publishing my XNA game

This topic is 3463 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i made my own game using C# and XNA 1.0 Refresh, now the problem is i dont know how to publish it so that people who dont have the .NET framework 2.0 or XNA yet, can use the installer to get all the files which are needed. i did manage to try the "Advanced Installer 6.4" in which i can simple click require .net framework 2.0, but how do i add it to the installer if the user hasn't got it, and how do i add XNA 1.0 refresh to it, and make sure it gets installed for the user if he/she doesn't have it. I searched the internet, but i cant find the answer anywhere, i only found a MSDN page telling me i need to package all needed files using a installation tool package, and to add the XNA and .NET redistributables. (but i dont know how) If any1 could help me out, i'd be very pleased :)

well, i got the XNAInstaller:
http://www.codeplex.com/xnainstaller

which didn't work at first since i didn't had the wix toolkit, but after i downloaded sharpdevelop it worked.
Problem is, this site (http://www.nuclex.org/installer) is pretty clear, but i dont know how to find the Guid of my program.

(if i compile the XNAInstaller project, it will generate an error since i dont have a value for it. Which is obvious, since this is the value:
Guid="!replace-this-with-real-component_id" (but i dont know how to get the component id)

Look in your properties folder of your solution for a file called AssemblyInfo.cs. I believe the GUID is in there, or you can right-click your Solution name, select properties, and go to the application tab. On that page you can click the Assembly Information button and get the GUID also.

Hope that helps!

Ok, well with alot of trying i managed to setup a project for myself, and i got a MyGame.msi package now which will check for .NET 2.0, XNA and DX.

Problem is, it does not install my game atm. It asks for the location to install, but if you finish the installer, the installer does not create the folder and files.

these are probbably stupid mistakes, but i cant find how or where to do it but its my first time trying to publish it :P

P.S. i only changed Guid, Product ID, Product UpgradeCode, and Package Id. (i gave em all the code from the Guid, which i think is wrong, but i cant find them in my vc# sollution).

This topic is 3463 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.