• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
monkey4sale

Nehe Tutorials

This topic is 3626 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

http://nehe.gamedev.net/ Alright, while trying to go through the first tutorial I come across problems, I know its depressing, It wants me to include glaux.h and it says I cant get it on the homepage, but the replacement code is a C++ file, which has no ending.... Whats up?

Advertisement
I have no idea what you're asking.

If you need GLaux.h, just include it (assuming Windows and MSVC):

#include <Gl/GLaux.h>

I dont think I have it, I didnt have the GL headers and had to download them, so I think its the same with GLaux, but the DL on Nehe's site only has a .cpp file that is missing a closeing bracket.

Quote:
Original post by monkey4sale
I dont think I have it, I didnt have the GL headers and had to download them, so I think its the same with GLaux, but the DL on Nehe's site only has a .cpp file that is missing a closeing bracket.

What tools are you using?

Quote:
Visual C++ express

OpenGL is part of the Microsoft Platform SDK. I presume you've installed it.

Quote:
i assume that you presume wrong, where might a fella download it?

For older versions of Visual Studio Express, you were required to separately download and install the Platform SDK.

However it is my understanding that with Visual Studio Express 2008, all the necessary SDKs are bundled with it.

So simply download the newest Visual Studio Express.

or just search microsoft web. and to all newbies microsoft is the best resource for developing on windows point blank they have tons of answers

you search the program files under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A

there you can find include and lib folder with all the opemgl files in gl folder

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!