Sign in to follow this  

[Project Presentation]PeakEngine

This topic is 3462 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello gamedevs, My team and I have started to develop a new next-gen engine called PeakEngine. PeakEngine is an entity based GameEngine which supports complex physics, graphics, sounds and networking. Our project site is: peakengine.sf.net The engine is controlled by *.ini files and LUA-Scripts and the engine is written itself in C++. Of course the engine is platform indepent. At the moment it runs on Windows and Linux. MAC OS X wasn't tested yet but it should work , too. I ve started this post because the engine needs more developers. I ve made a list of the current features(Please mind that the engine is in very pre-alpha version): Entity: - Entities are an interface between the graphics component and the physics component (For example when the physics component moves 10 units right, the graphics component follows) - INI-Files are used to define the basic behavior of an entity. - You can simply implement special physical behavior using LUA-Scripts. - Entities also contains a sound component. - Of course you have got direct access to the specific components (SceneNodes of the graphics component, Bodies of the physics component) Maps: - Loaded from INI Files. We will probably replace this with XML soon. - A map can contain entitys (dynamic objects) and static objects. - A terrain loader is already implemented and works fine. Render: - Uses Irrlicht or Horde3D (wip). - DX9,DX8,OGL,APPLE SOFTWARE RENDERER,IRRLICHT SOFTWARE RENDERER and Horde3D OpenGL Renderer - Particle effects were wrapped sucessfully and tested. - Dynamic model and material loading. - Most of the features of the Irrlicht SDK are supported. Physics: - ODE is used as Physics Library - Trimesh,Cube and Sphere collision is already implemented. - Supports most of the joint types of ODE. - Bodies are fully supported. - Good physics->scenenode interface with entitys. Network: - Working client/server system. - Broadcasting in local networks. - Entitys communicate with EntityVariables(this becomes more clear if you use the engine) - The engine entity system sends positions etc., so the user doesn't have to care. - ENET is used. So that are the current features of our engine. (stable version v0.0.1) Our todo-list is still long and so we search more devs for this project. A example game is planned , too. I hope you like the engine concept. For more info: Visit http://peakengine.sf.net. If you are interested in coding or using the engine: If you are interested in coding: ICQ:(Spy32) 482-063-577 ICQ:(Phoenix) 306-214-707 Jabber:(Phoenix) phoenix64@jaim.at IRC: irc.freenode.net Channel: #peakengine Best regards, Spy32

Is nobody interested in the engine? Let me say that the engine is Open Source and that we "engage" every developer who can programm in C++. You needn't to be a "god-like"-dev.

You are invited to tell use your opinion about the engine

An additional info: The team members are all german , so it isn't a problem if you can't speak english. ( I can't speak english :-P )

This section is more for help and questions about Game Programming. I suggest you post in the Help Wanted section and format to the mandatory posting template (the template is in a sticky). You will probably find some help there.

This topic is 3462 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.