• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sunluc

OpenGL Rubik's Cube

This topic is 3743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I am a beginner at opengl programming. I need to make a program for the rubik's cube,using the glut library, also the program must solve the cube even if I had made changes to it. The thing is that I need this for school and I can't do it. So if someone has a code lying around or can point me to some directions it would be very helpful. Thnx for your attention,

Advertisement
The forum rules prevent us directly answering homework related questions. However, if you are having a very specific problem, we may be able to help you. You will have to show your current code, and explain the particular problem.

I just used google using "how to solve Rubik's cube". Over 15 million results. Then, I used "how to solve Rubik's cube c++" and got 42 thousand results of which in the top 3, there are code samples for Direct 3D and OpenGL.

NOTE: In the following paragraph, I am not saying you would do it. I am just giving my 2 cents.

Though the code is there, it would not be wise to copy and paste; you will not learn that way. Your next assignment might be harder and build on knowledge learned from this assignment.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!