• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Drawing on to c# form by different sources

This topic is 3526 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I am trying to create a c++ dll which draws some stuff to a c# form (hWd passed as a parameter to the dll). It works fine up to that point. I put a timer to the c# application and it calls the dll's draw method on each tick. What I am trying to add now is an overlay on top of what is drawn by the c++ part. That overlay can be drawn by the c# application itself or maybe by some other dll. Is that possible? And if so how do i go about it? Something like void tick() { openGL_Part.draw(); draw_Some_Stuff_On_Top_Of_That(); }

Advertisement
What do you want to use? GDI+? The System.Drawing namespace contains tons of useful drawing stuff, and would make a great overlay API. It may be a tad slow, so make sure you do all of your intensive stuff in a hardware accelerated API.

Quote:
Original post by fear4ever
That overlay can be drawn by the c# application itself or maybe by some other dll.

It doesn't really matter whether it gdi+ or anything else that does the drawing. What i am trying to find is the method of double buffered drawing onto a c# form (flicker free). As i understand OpenGL and gdi+ use different buffers for drawing so something like is not possible?

in each timer tick

clear_area()
oglDLL.draw() //dont swap buffers yet
some_other_dll.draw() //dont swap buffers yet
gdi+.draw() //dont swap buffers yet
swap_buffers()

Any explanation or pointers to that kind of drawing tecnique would be appriciated.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement