Sign in to follow this  

Screen rotation in managed dx

This topic is 3460 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have an app that supposed to look / feel a bit like google earth to help pilots with situational awareness in the cockpit. users need to be able to rotate their display between portrait and landscape but for the life of me I can't get it to work reliably. It generally fails in one of two ways: 1) gobbly dee gook (hope you all understand what i mean by that...see the pic if you don't) 2) some kind of corrupt memory issue. I think for #2 i just am not locking resources properly or not disposing memory or something. I didn't really architect the app with device resets / lost devices in mind so i'm having to go back and do that now and it's a bit painful. But the former issue really kicks my butt. I'm thinking it's something like a mismatch in depth stencil buffer or back buffer or something like this. the problem is that a lot of the issues like exactly what various back buffers are, various formats along with their pros / cons i am quite clueless on. The app has progressed suprisingly well given my ignorance but now that it's shipping time it's beating me. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm probably not giving you enough info to even be able to answer but my brain is a little toast at this point so if you tell me what kind of additional info would be helpful I'll get right back. here's a shot of when things are rendering along happily Photobucket and another but in 3D mode Photobucket and here's where things have gone awry after having rotated the screen 90 degrees clockwise Photobucket it also has multiple viewports that i accomplish by creating additional swapchains. here's a shot of two viewports working well Photobucket and here's after having done another screen rotate of 90 degrees clockwise Photobucket I'm stuck. Thanks for any help! David

Quote:
It generally fails in one of two ways:

1) gobbly dee gook (hope you all understand what i mean by that...see the pic if you don't)

2) some kind of corrupt memory issue.

Solve issue #2 first. You don't know the effect of #2 on #1.

Solve 1 (one) problem at a time.

This topic is 3460 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.