Opinions Required for Two Job Offers PLEASE HELP

Started by
11 comments, last by Promethium 15 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by Nads
But does this hold true? Why would they consider me for their console company when ive only worked with them for mobile games in Java. All my experience would now be in java where the japan company would be coding in c++. I dont think (correct me if im wrong) that the console team would consider me at all?
So long as you can show that you're strong in C++ (Via a portfolio - which you'd probably need for the Java place in any case), any experience in the industry is a bonus.
Advertisement

[Edited by - Nads on June 24, 2008 6:33:41 AM]
Quote:Original post by Nads
But does this hold true? Why would they consider me for their console company when ive only worked with them for mobile games in Java. All my experience would now be in java where the japan company would be coding in c++. I dont think (correct me if im wrong) that the console team would consider me at all?

thanks everyone for your valuable input so far.

A half-descent lead/senior programmer, the one likely to make the recommendation, should recognize that programming skill is not limited to any one language. A descent programmer can swap between languages fairly quickly, especially between Java and C++ which are closely related.

But this does depend on you getting a sympathetic and competent superior/management, one that recognizes talent and is willing to do what is best for the corporation, instead of his own little branch. It's definitely a gamble.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement