CustomModelSample in XNA

Started by
0 comments, last by ukdeveloper 15 years, 10 months ago
Hello, I'm having this problem getting the CustomModelSample code into my main program:( I have environment.fx in my References with Effect - XNA Framework set on Content importer and Content processor My model(.x file) is set to X File - XNA Framework / EnvironmentMappedModelProcessor also Custom Model Effect Pipeline is in Content/References,(I have no options to set content and importer on this one) I figure I must be missing something from the sample code, when I compile and run my program I get the grey screen o' death:( but I can't seem to find any missing lines of code. Any idea what might be going on? ( I tested loading my model in the sample, works) as always Thanks, MajSlayer [Edited by - MajSlayer on June 24, 2008 10:18:37 AM]
Advertisement
I've not seen that sample, what exactly is it supposed to do what, and what are you trying to do when it crashes?

If you're running from Visual Studio and not in fullscreen mode, you'll hopefully see a popup exception window with a line of code highlighted in yellow. Are you seeing that, and what does it say if you do?

I'm not 100% understanding of what the problem you're experiencing actually is.

(FWIW I'm less than impressed with the XNA samples MS are giving out, they're not at all clear or easy to follow internally, nor are they easy to reuse without butchering them. I've been coding for ~8 years and I'm still struggling, how's a complete rookie who just wants to make games supposed to do it?)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement