discussion about : "d3dx10_37.dll not found"

Started by
2 comments, last by MJP 15 years, 10 months ago
Hello everybody, (First of all i'm french so excuse my english if it's not as correct as you expected to me) I'm programming in C# for years, and for month ago i'm begining Dx developpement I'm reading Dx SDK (march 2008 version) and i'm doing tutorials step by step etc ... the problem that i'll explain is the same with Dx9 and Dx10 (I'm using Dx10 on Vista x64 but this is a common problem) all Dx applications i've done (like spinning cube) work fine on my computer but doesn't seem to work on other computers (they don't have Dx SDK neither VS2008) (for now it's just a C++ Win32 application) the Error message is something like : "unable to find d3dx10_37.dll" I found this one into c:\windows\system32 but on other computer it stop on 35th version. (and it will be the same for many other dlls as I can see into this directory) I allready know that if I install "Dx end user runtime" of June 2008 it will solve it ... BUT this is not what i'm trying to do here I want to build the application with another version of d3dx10_xx.dll in the Linker properties all it have is "d3dx10.lib" without version specified I also Look in : %DxDir%\Redistand 'discover' that the 35th version come from the August SDK So here we go : How to force it a build time ? Do I have to install August SDK even if I allready have march 2008 sdk ? Are there anyother solutions ?
Advertisement
If you want to use the old versions of the DX Runtime you'll have to install and use an old version of the SDK. The newer versions don't include the import libraries for the older versions of D3DX and the other libraries.

Why do you want to do this anyway?
There is no "standard version" of the DX Runtime. Therefore you can make no assumptions as to what will be installed on a client's computer. Just package your app in an installer that launches the DX Redistributable installer (which is included with the SDK), it's the only way to ensure that the client PC has all the prerequisites.

That same goes for the Visual C++ Runtime.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement