Cartoon RPG

Started by
5 comments, last by Jedimace 15 years, 9 months ago
My friend wants my RPG game to have have several "dimenisons" or "worlds" (like in Kingdom Hearts somewhat) on of which one is a world based off his comic called "Gorky". It is a circle with eyes, that explodes. Basically, he has a bunch of cartoons he wants to put the cartoons into the RPG. I'm trying to tell him that it should be in another type of game that fits the idea, and trying to maybe make 2 seperate games may be better. Please tell me if you think that his cartoon game being mixed with my somewhat realistic fantasy game. This is my version. Hear his version out, but this is how I interpret it. "Gorky is an expiriment (that is supposed to be a negotiating weapon-they send him into a negotiating situation and if he gets in anyway emotionally pained, he will explode so the people negotiating with him will be more cautious and forcoming)in a world of erlanders, which, when young, are spheres with eyes, and when they get older, they are shaped somewhat like an upsidedown 'U'. The world is similar to ours, exept has some things that are more advanced, and is simpler (less detail on things that they make). The erlanders have very detailed personalities, and are capable of practically every human expression. So, they are basically humans in the form of spheres. There are also another expiriment that looks like a snake and can take control of the erlanders. This expiriment is totally agressive and escapes, after taking control of somebody capable of duplicating the dna of it. So there is a large problem with erlanders becoming evil and wrecking havoc (when you find the world in the rpg)." - My friend's description So do you think that's a good idea in a fast paced RPG? Or, do you think we could make seperate game?
-Jedimace1My company siteEmber StudiosAlmost Done
Advertisement
Why not give it a try? Ideas are a dime a trillion. Unless you have something else planned that is revolutionary (at least in your eyes) why not just go with it?
Everyone hates #1.That's why a lot of idiots complain about WoW, the current president, and why they all loved google so much when it was new.Forget the fact that WoW is the greatest game ever created, our president rocks and the brainless buffons of America care more about how articulate you are than your decision making skills, and that google supports adware, spyware, and communism.
Well, he wants to mix extremely realistic with unrealistic. I have no problem if it were in a seperate game. It's just he wants an RPG based off of a comic mixed with a realistic RPG, which I don't think would work, especially if they were to interact alot. He wants it to be a major world. Maybe if it we're a minor world I could just kind of touch on it, to see how it works, not incorporate it in big. He make take that. Just want to ease into it. Any more opinions on this idea? Would you like to see something like that, and would you prefer it be a major or minor world?
You'd have to tell us about your part of the design to see if they mesh. But I don't think I've ever seen an RPG serious enough that it would have been ruined by the inclusion of wierd-looking enemies or aliens that originated in an experiment. I mean think of FF7, that's all about escaped-experiment enemies lol, and it has ridiculous comic things like Moogles. Maybe you could make your friend's stuff related to a recurring comic villain, almost every RPG has one of those.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Well, I have screenshots for that cartoon RPG. It actually doesn't look that bad. I'll post it here. Tell me if you like it.

Gorky RPG
That actually looks pretty cool. And like sunandshadow said, those guys could be like the Moogles of Final Fantasy, or like the talking animals of a fantasy game, which adds a little whimsy to the whole thing while also being serious in other places.

Can you post up a pic of one of your humans next to that?
[url="http://groupgame.50.forumer.com/index.php"][/url]
We don't avtually have a human yet. That is his first scene that actually looks partially acceptable. I'll post one when we do get one. Or you can go to our site to check it out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement