Sign in to follow this  

XNA problem

This topic is 3458 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have this little problem, I've added the EnvironmentMap.FX to my XNA 2.0 project. But I'm having a problem just applying this effect to just one object/peice of my main mesh. See in the sample there is some foreach statements but I just want to apply this effect to one object, does someone have code to do this? I'm really new to XNA and can't seem to find out how to apply a FX file to just one mesh peice:( OH I was checking this code out from msdn.com effect.SetValue(...); effect.SetValue(...); effect.Begin(0); effect.BeginPass(0); mesh.DrawSubset(0); effect.EndPass(); effect.End(); Problem is I don't know how to set the effect variable to my .fx file, I see this BasicEffect effect setting in the foreach loops, seems it sets the effect to basiceffect, must be something like that. Thanks, MajSlayer [Edited by - MajSlayer on June 24, 2008 9:16:54 PM]

This topic is 3458 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.