Some questions regarding C++ books.

Started by
3 comments, last by Twisol 15 years, 10 months ago
I was looking through your recommended books and I picked up Accelerated C++ through example, I was wondering if there are any good books to learn by projects like, each chapter is a different program to build. I remember reading an old game programming book like that, but it doesnt need to be game programming specific, just C++ im trying to get back into the hang of things. and i dont want to read a dictionary.
Advertisement
Here's what I've learned from: C++ Dictionary!

It has short programming exercises, but nothing really big like a project.
I own a couple rather good beginning books, but before I list those I recommend the C++ Workshop area here if you want projects, notably this project.

Two good books I own with "projects" are "C++ Without Fear" by Brian Overland, and "Beginning C++ Game Programing" by Michael Dawson. "Thinking in C++", downloadble online here (you'll want the 2nd edition one, not Volume Two), is good too.
"classroom-tested pedagogical features"

xD
wow I wish I knew what pedagogical meant.

Im thinking about going to a store or ebook place and flipping through some pages because I want something that wont bore me to death. (most books start me of with C print commands o.o)
On the meaning of "pedagogical", Google says: 'Relating to the practice of teaching and its methods.'

Whichever book says that was used as a textbook, I guess. That may or may not be a good thing ;P

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement