Sign in to follow this  

undefined reference error. It has something to do with the libraries I'm including.

This topic is 3461 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, thanks for reading this. I'm using codeblocks. I copied glaux.h and glut.h to the include directory of the Ming compiler that comes with codeblocks. I also copied 2 corresponding files to the lib directory; and copied a file tot my windows system folder. The error I get is as follows: 8]+0x32c):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__CreateCompatibleDC@4'| 8]+0x3e3):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__CreateDIBSection@24'| 8]+0x41d):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__SelectObject@8'| 8]+0x465):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__SetDIBits@28'| 8]+0x57c):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__DeleteDC@4'| 8]+0xa1):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetStockObject@4'| 8]+0x28):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetPaletteEntries@16'| 0]+0x28):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetPaletteEntries@16'| 0]+0x8):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__SwapBuffers@4'| 0]+0x20):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetPaletteEntries@16'| 4]+0x13):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__SetSystemPaletteUse@8'| 4]+0x37):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__SetSystemPaletteUse@8'| 4]+0x10):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetStockObject@4'| 4]+0x1c):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetPaletteEntries@16'| 4]+0x9a):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetStockObject@4'| 4]+0xa7):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetPaletteEntries@16'| 4]+0xbe):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetPaletteEntries@16'| 0]+0x18):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetStockObject@4'| 0]+0x2e):d:\nt\private\wind||undefined reference to `_imp__GetStockObject@4'| ||=== Build finished: 23 errors, 4 warnings ===| I've got linker options: "-lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 -lwinmm -lgdi32 -lglaux" and included a bunch of libs: #include <GL\gl.h> #include <GL\glu.h> #include <GL\glut.h> #include <GL\glaux.h> #include <GL\glext.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h>

The linking errors you are having a windows based linking error you must not have a windows lib not included.

The linking errors are not OpenGL based :)

just check up what lib's you need included for windows as there are quite a few.

I would also recommend you update your compiler to the free Microsoft visual C++ express edition as it is free and after a small amount of effort will do windows based apps.

To do the windows based applications with the VC++ express it will require you to download the platform SDK but there is a MSDN.com walk through on how to set it all up.

Regards Jouei.

I think you need to re-order those flags like this: "-lwinmm -lgdi32 -lopengl32 -lglu32 -lglut32 -lglaux", I recall reading somewhere that the order was important.

EDIT: And you might need to #include <windows.h>. If you don't have the Platform SDK you'll need that first.

Okay so they're windows errors.
Including <windows.h> in all my errors doesn't solve the problem.
But even more, I want my program to work cross platform, so I guess I can't include anything windowsy. It's a console application with a glut window. One of the windows errors also comes from the glut.h file. Could it be possible that I have some kind of "windows only" glut installed?

EDIT:

I changed the glut.h and glut library files and now it does work!
No more windows required =)

I'm not sure if this will help, but try including glut.h before the other OpenGL related headers. I remember that this sometimes solves certain problems, but I don't remember which ones.

This topic is 3461 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.