• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Lawl_Rock

Screen capture function

This topic is 3648 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering, is there a function you can use to take a screen shot and save it? I'm using C++ with SDL, if that helps at all.

Advertisement
See this thread for more info (you can probably find many others using the "search" feature at the top right corner of the screen).

Thank you much.

Sorry about that, I tried the search, but it acted stupid and gave me some script page.

EDIT: Now, what if you want to take the whole screen?

The method described in that thread takes a screenshot of the entire screen, whether it's a window or not.

SDL_SaveBMP() saves a surface, and I meant a screenshot of everything outside and inside the window, not just whatever surface you have defined as your screen. I want something resulting in what you would get from pressing Print Screen.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!