Sign in to follow this  

Debugging problems

This topic is 3463 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Heya, Gamedev! I've got some problems with the debugger in Visual Studio C++. It must surely have been something stupid I've done, but I can't seem to locate the problem. I have a static library project, including a header which defanes a class, and a cpp-file which declares the functions of this class. I compile the lib, copy the header and lib to another project (#include and #pragma them, of course), and then try to debug. I've always been able to step into a function of that class because both the projects are in the same workspace, but for some reason whenever I press F11 to step into a function of that class, it just skips it now. I hope I've made myself a bit clear, and someone can pinpoint the problem :p, Thanks, /Stijn

Quote:
Original post by Electrons
I get that same problem too, sometimes! When F11 doesn't work for me, instead of using F11, I go to Debug -> Step Into, and it does the trick.

Hmm...that didn't work. But thanks for giving it a shot, mate!

Quote:
Original post by MJP
Make sure the folder containing the .cpp file is included in the list of folders Visual Studio searches through to find source code (there's a global list, and a list for each project)

And where would I be able to change this? :)

This topic is 3463 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.