Debugging problems

Started by
3 comments, last by stenny 15 years, 10 months ago
Heya, Gamedev! I've got some problems with the debugger in Visual Studio C++. It must surely have been something stupid I've done, but I can't seem to locate the problem. I have a static library project, including a header which defanes a class, and a cpp-file which declares the functions of this class. I compile the lib, copy the header and lib to another project (#include and #pragma them, of course), and then try to debug. I've always been able to step into a function of that class because both the projects are in the same workspace, but for some reason whenever I press F11 to step into a function of that class, it just skips it now. I hope I've made myself a bit clear, and someone can pinpoint the problem :p, Thanks, /Stijn
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel
Advertisement
I get that same problem too, sometimes! When F11 doesn't work for me, instead of using F11, I go to Debug -> Step Into, and it does the trick.
Quote:Original post by Electrons
I get that same problem too, sometimes! When F11 doesn't work for me, instead of using F11, I go to Debug -> Step Into, and it does the trick.

Hmm...that didn't work. But thanks for giving it a shot, mate!
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel
Make sure the folder containing the .cpp file is included in the list of folders Visual Studio searches through to find source code (there's a global list, and a list for each project)
Quote:Original post by MJP
Make sure the folder containing the .cpp file is included in the list of folders Visual Studio searches through to find source code (there's a global list, and a list for each project)

And where would I be able to change this? :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement