[java] Please test this game!

Started by
3 comments, last by nowan 22 years, 10 months ago
Hi, Here is a link to my first effort at a java game. Nothing original, but a nice version I hope. http://www.vogue.co.uk/connections/connections.htm Please let me know what you think. Thanks nowan
Advertisement
Nice,
It''s essentially the game "Same". It''s true that it''s an oldie, but it''s still damn fine in it''s own right, and has managed to spawn many variants.
I did notice that the help button did nothing, but everything else seemed to be working just fine and dandy. Good work! The graphics are good (not distracting, but vivid), and the game works as it should.

Perhaps you could set up a high-score server and let players compete for top-dog on the site.

As for how "new" your game is, don''t worry about it. Too many people jump right in and try to create a new RPG or FPS as their first project. Hell, even for established developers, puzzle games have quite a market lately (especially Java ones...Popcap games comes to mind) so it''s a great addition to any gaming site.

Personally, I''m working on a Breakout clone currently. Of course, I''m mainly working on it as a unit test for many of the classes in the Game Development Library I''m building. It''s amazing how many bugs I''ve found and fixed with this simple excercise.

Keep em coming
eboz
Nice game.

I dont get the challange to it. How are you going to make people want to play it more then once? Game should have a hook of some kind. I dont get the scoring except the total points all the way on the right but everything on the left i dont understand whats it for.
There will be a high score server which I am working on now. Trying to beat the high score will be the "stickiness factor". The help button will just bring up the information which is displayed when the game first loads.

eboz, good luck with your Breakout clone, post it here when you''re done.

Thanks for trying it out
Well,
I''m getting close to done. I have the levels working as planned (smaller paddle, speed increases) and have ALMOST everything working right.
I''ll likely get the sounds for it and have them added tonight(the easy task), and get the prompt graphics done tomorrow (Game Over, etc..). The one elusive part of this is the physics of the ball movement. I have a so-so solution, but I''m not happy with it. Likely, when I get the prompts and sounds done, I''ll post it so that I can get some ideas on how to go about this.

Everyone have a good weekend.
Eboz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement