exe to be used for the debug session?

Started by
16 comments, last by GameDev.net 15 years, 10 months ago
By right clicking on the project in the list I want to build and selecting build I now get this error:

LIBCMTD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Crypter
Wait, I think I know whats going on: Project Dependencies. You need to tell what order to build your projects in to insure the needed libraries or executables are built before the others that rely on them.

Right click your project->Project Dependencies. Set what projects depend on what and check it with the Build Order tab.

I checked that, it is set correctly by the guy who made the project originaly.

This is the project I am using:

http://trac.procyclone.com/iprv-libs/browser/cyclone/

It is a game physics engine with examples
Quote:Original post by Silicon Seed
By right clicking on the project in the list I want to build and selecting build I now get this error:

LIBCMTD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup

Uh-oh... WinMain() is for Win32 applications (SubSystem:WINDOWS instead of CONSOLE) only. It is the entry point for Win32 programs. ie, instead of main() it is looking for the Win32 entry point WinMain().

What project did you get this error from?

*edit: Never mind, I see that you have posted your project :)
I would say you need to revert the settings you messed with, then you go into your solution explorer, and change the startup project to the actual application (the one with the main function) by right clicking on the project and selecting "Set as StartUp Project"). Then hit F5.

Edit: Try setting any of the projects that start with "demo_" as the startup project.
I found that the Demo_ballistic project was set to WINDOWS and switched it to the console app, Building it is now successful. Though clicking Play next to Debug still asks me what EXE I want to use. I am trying to get the app to run.

He included .exe's that work already precompield, so somehow he was able to release the each of the projects to a .exe.
Quote:Original post by Deventer
I would say you need to revert the settings you messed with, then you go into your solution explorer, and change the startup project to the actual application (the one with the main function) by right clicking on the project and selecting "Set as StartUp Project"). Then hit F5.

Edit: Try setting any of the projects that start with "demo_" as the startup project.

THAT WAS IT!!! Wow thank you! Sorry everyone for being so ignorant to how visual studio works.
No problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement