problems with the GLUT library with WINGDIAPI help?

Started by
0 comments, last by Tallek 24 years, 5 months ago
Hi! I am an avid C++ programmer and worked with basic and pascal also. I have been trying to learn a graphics library and have seen most of the ones out there. OpenGL seems to me to be very nice for it is hardware and platform independent and easy to use. I started reading the OpenGL Programming Guide and I tried out the sample program right when I got to it. It worked fine except(using MSVC++ and current lib's) that when I compiled it using GLUT to create a window my gl.h returned a string of the same errors about decl-spec's and unid'ed WINGDIAPI, I have no idea how to fix this problem and think that i will have to figure out how to create the window manually first. But if anyone can help me with this problem in GLUT I would appreciate it. Also if anyone has any idea where I can find good learning and tutorials about openGL and the window spec's for the mac and windows I would be very glad.
Thanks Alot In Advance,
Tallek,

Advertisement
Try including before your OpenGL header files. If this doesn't solve it, double-check that you are including the correct library files in your project settings.

OpenGL for Windows and Mac is essentially the same. OpenGL doesn't deal with the creation or destruction of any windows and you will need to use glut or the under-lying API for the respective operating system.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement