• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
KryThorne

Weird FrameBuffer/offscrean drawing 'rotating by itself' quirk [Now with body!]

This topic is 3767 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[Okay, second attempt to post this. First attempt just had my browser freeze at 'Waiting for www.gamedev.net' for ten minutes then leaving a new thread with no body text. Yay!] Hi, I've become stumped by a quirk that's popped into my code and after trying various things I've decided to resort to asking/pleading for help! The problem! (Okay, a crappy picture that I shouldn't have compressed so much, but it shows the problem at least.) I'm trying to combine the first two textures above in a framebuffer to create the third texture. It works, but the resulting texture is rotated 90 degrees clockwise for no apparent reason I can discern. I've worked out a way around it by rotating it up until now but now that I'm trying to do offscreen font drawing (for windows in a basic GUI) it's come back to bite me in the rear. I've opted not to post the code here initially, as per the forum guidelines, since I don't know which part of my code is causing the problem; though I've created a single-class program I can paste if need be. (176 lines) Hope this all makes sense to someone and sounds familiar, I tried flicking through the pages and other forum posts but couldn't find anything under FBO's that match my problem. [Edited by - KryThorne on June 26, 2008 8:26:48 AM]

Advertisement
best question ever!

The answer is 42.

[ edit : heh, this was before you did your second attempt at posting and was just a blank thread... the answer is still 42 btw :) ]

[Edited by - nb on June 27, 2008 2:07:42 AM]

You should check your perspective matrix setup, modelview, texture matrix, shaders, whatever geometry you use to render. Can't help you much more than that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!