Trying to learn SDL

Started by
3 comments, last by Chrono1081 15 years, 9 months ago
I recently decided to start learning SDL C++. I think I have mastered the basics of C++ and I am ready to move onto graphics and/or 2D games. I was just wondering if anybody knows a good place to start such as a book, a tutorial, a resource, or anything I can use so I have at least some clue where to start and how to use the library. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Advertisement
I really like Lazyfoo's SDL tutorials, it'd be a great place to start.

After getting to know the basics, you might like to read this tutorial as it goes through more pixel manipulation.

These articles might help you also.
Great thanks! Now I can finally get started on learning some graphics. Maybe my games won't be completely terrible now! lol

However, if anyone else has other ideas, I always love contributions.
Yeah unfortunately I can't think of any good books that walk you step-by-step making an SDL game from scratch. That's why I"m using Allegro with "Game Programming All One" right now instead.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Allegro is what I am about to switch to. Its very hard to find decent SDL books. I am working through Data Structures for Game Programming right now which is a nice book but it just uses SDL for its examples.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement