• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mreit

Trying to learn SDL

This topic is 3819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently decided to start learning SDL C++. I think I have mastered the basics of C++ and I am ready to move onto graphics and/or 2D games. I was just wondering if anybody knows a good place to start such as a book, a tutorial, a resource, or anything I can use so I have at least some clue where to start and how to use the library. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement
Great thanks! Now I can finally get started on learning some graphics. Maybe my games won't be completely terrible now! lol

However, if anyone else has other ideas, I always love contributions.

Yeah unfortunately I can't think of any good books that walk you step-by-step making an SDL game from scratch. That's why I"m using Allegro with "Game Programming All One" right now instead.

Allegro is what I am about to switch to. Its very hard to find decent SDL books. I am working through Data Structures for Game Programming right now which is a nice book but it just uses SDL for its examples.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!