• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
nint22

Two unique questions

This topic is 3647 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Alright, so these two questions are very different, but hopefully are interesting and might have a solution: Question A) (C# and UI Library) I would like to create an application that can control the user's mouse as well as keyboard. From what I understand, the .net libraries force me to only control one application at a time (meaning I can move the mouse/create keyboard events anyway I would like, but only for a single other process). Also, what class/functions should I be using? I know Java provides this as base functionality, but since I'm working with others I need to conform to their language of choice. Question B) (C++ and Exceptions) Short question: I'm very comfortable with C++ but never really experimented with exceptions much. Is there a way I can print out the entire run-time call stack if an exception is thrown? As always, I appreciate any and all help. I've been stuck on the first question for a while now... Thanks!

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by nint22
Question B) (C++ and Exceptions)
Short question: I'm very comfortable with C++ but never really experimented with exceptions much. Is there a way I can print out the entire run-time call stack if an exception is thrown?

Our friend the_edd demonstrates how to do that here.

Thank you; I got the answer's to B, though it seems like it might be both interesting and challenging to get it fully implemented for my project.

No ideas for A? Anyone?

Quote:
Original post by fpsgamer
Quote:
Original post by nint22
Question B) (C++ and Exceptions)
Short question: I'm very comfortable with C++ but never really experimented with exceptions much. Is there a way I can print out the entire run-time call stack if an exception is thrown?

Our friend the_edd demonstrates how to do that here.

Man, I'm not even quick enough to pimp my own code any more!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!