Two unique questions

Started by
3 comments, last by the_edd 15 years, 10 months ago
Alright, so these two questions are very different, but hopefully are interesting and might have a solution: Question A) (C# and UI Library) I would like to create an application that can control the user's mouse as well as keyboard. From what I understand, the .net libraries force me to only control one application at a time (meaning I can move the mouse/create keyboard events anyway I would like, but only for a single other process). Also, what class/functions should I be using? I know Java provides this as base functionality, but since I'm working with others I need to conform to their language of choice. Question B) (C++ and Exceptions) Short question: I'm very comfortable with C++ but never really experimented with exceptions much. Is there a way I can print out the entire run-time call stack if an exception is thrown? As always, I appreciate any and all help. I've been stuck on the first question for a while now... Thanks!
Advertisement
Don't know about A. For B, there's no portable way to get a stack trace from an exception. However, there are compiler dependent hacks you can use to get stack traces on some platforms.
Quote:Original post by nint22
Question B) (C++ and Exceptions)
Short question: I'm very comfortable with C++ but never really experimented with exceptions much. Is there a way I can print out the entire run-time call stack if an exception is thrown?

Our friend the_edd demonstrates how to do that here.
Thank you; I got the answer's to B, though it seems like it might be both interesting and challenging to get it fully implemented for my project.

No ideas for A? Anyone?
Quote:Original post by fpsgamer
Quote:Original post by nint22
Question B) (C++ and Exceptions)
Short question: I'm very comfortable with C++ but never really experimented with exceptions much. Is there a way I can print out the entire run-time call stack if an exception is thrown?

Our friend the_edd demonstrates how to do that here.

Man, I'm not even quick enough to pimp my own code any more!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement